The 3rd annual National Forklift Safety Day was held on June 14, 2016 in Washington, DC at the Hyatt Capitol Hill Hotel. The public event included the following speakers:
- Congressman Tim Walberg, Chairman Subcommittee on Workforce Protections Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Mr. Brett Wood, President & CEO, Toyota Material Handling North America, ITA Chairman
- Mr. Jordan Barab, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Mr. Jim Radous, President, UniCarriers Americas (formerly Nissan), ITA NFSD Task Force Chairman
- Dr. Wes Scott, Consulting Services Director, National Safety Council
This year’s attendees included a number of guests from the end user community as well as members of the ITA.
Print and Social Media
Circulation numbers mentioning National Forklift Safety Day 2016 was approximately 60 million. In additional to ITA’s outreach to national media outlets, the NFSD 2016 official media sponsor was DC Velocity who covered the event in Washington and wrote many articles for their print & digital editions. DC Velocity coverage of NFSD included reports, interviews and articles throughout the May, June and July editions as well as ongoing coverage in their social media streams.